Now that you will be living on your own, you really get to pick and choose what to fill your room with. That being said, it’s important to sort out what you absolutely need versus what you want. After you’re done, chances are you’ll have a list that looks something like what we have below. No matter where you are heading to college, here are the essentials you need to bring to your shiny new dorm.
Take a look:
- Comfortable bedding: pillows, mattress pad, comforters and sheets
- Shower supplies: Multiple towels, washcloth, shower flipflops, a shower caddy etc.
- Laundry detergent, laundry bag or hamper, dryer sheets (do yourself a favor and teach yourself how to do laundry)
- A fan or a heater (depending where you’re going to school)
- A reading/study lamp
- Plastic drawers for keeping things under your bed
- A small first aid kit (Band-Aids, gauze, antiseptic, ice pack etc.)
- A few items for your medicine cabinet (Advil, cold medicine for daytime and nighttime, allergy medicine, Tums, cough drops etc.)
- Snacks, snacks, snacks (make sure they’re healthy)
- Full length mirror to check your swag before you start the day
- Small sewing kit
- Small tool kit (you will be shocked how much you use this!)
- Stamps and envelopes
- Power strip and extension cords
These are some key items that will help you not only survive but thrive during freshman year of college. Good luck!